Monday 7 October 2013

Day 11/252. Welcome to Ephesus.

This morning we went back in time to the first century city of Ephesus. Complete with Roman soldiers, female temple workers, mystic men, Nero, idol Sellers, believers, etc. Our staff surprised us with this, not telling us what was happening and we had to figure out who everyone was. It really gave a good picture of how crazy the city must have been and put a good context into the letter to the Ephesians! Not to mention pretty overwhelming and loud, very loud.
We then had a history lesson for more background, I can tell I am going to become firm friends with the Bible dictionaries.
Then the rest of the day was spent observing the whole book, finding repetition, contrasts, themes etc. I hope I did my observations right, we'll soon find out tomorrow... Now sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment