Tuesday 19 November 2013

Day 54/252. Weakness.

Every letter I read that Paul writes my heart it's squeezed for him. What a life he had.
I'm in love with his father heart for the church in Corinth, he calls them 'my beloved'. Again and again they do things wrong, in 2 Corinthians some even believe false teaching against him..some doubt him, and poke at his weaknesses. Yet he remains loving.
Yes, he is firm, but it's his father heart that shines through.
And of course, God that shines through Paul..straight to my heart. Straight to the places where I have doubted, where I have poked at God.
And what does he do but love me back all the more. Because, I am his beloved.
As much as my heart aches for the church in Corinth to honour Paul back so I will honour my God. With love.
Paul writes that Christs power is made perfect in his weakness. That yes, he had many weaknesses and he is vulnerable and raw to share them openly. He is real in a church with falsehoods. He bears all because he knows it is not a fault to be weak. Because when he is weakest that is when God can do the most.
When his humanness is next to nothing in strength, God can move mightily. And he did throughout Pauls life.

Thank you God for blessing me with another insight into your Father heart. I am open for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment