Saturday 30 November 2013

Day 62/252. Home Thoughts

Today I'm glad to be home, still feel terribly ill.
But... I had home cooked food from my Mum, although I can't eat solid food so I feel a bit like baby, warm bed, my own room ... I just read a fiction book all day!
I was pondering today and realised after having chats with Dad in the car yesterday about Bible stuff, that I think I am retaining more than I think from what I'm learning!
We were talking about the revelations I'd had and he was sharing his. I'm realising how much I've learnt in these two short months and how much I want to go back soon for more!
The bigger picture of everything is coming more into view and I see more of God, his history, my history!
I read this week that faith comes by hearing. It made me think of the disciples and how they were with Jesus all the time witnessing his miracles and they still lacked faith, they still doubted and they were still afraid. People today say that if Jesus appeared then they would believe in him. I remember on outreach in the Isle of Man some guy said that to me on the street. They complain about Him not showing up when they really need him. But, it isn't true is it. People can see something amazing happen right in front of their eyes and they still doubt. God knows that.
I can see now that if Jesus did appear in front of them, it is likely it wouldn't be enough for them. Because faith is more than that.
Paul says in Romans, faith comes by hearing.
Because it is more than seeing with our eyes. Hearing means we take it in in our mind and faith means we act on what we believe in our heart.
It's not a matter of just seeing something to believe it.
I'm going to remember this the next time on outreach someone asks me to call God down from heaven just for them to believe!

No comments:

Post a Comment